Sunday, July 23, 2006

Breakfast: awesome :: Standardized tests: not

Back in the day (i.e., two months ago) my neighborhood greasy spoon was the Blue Benn, a diner famous in diner circles.

Now that I'm ensconced downtown, my new neighborhood greasy spoon is the Band Box. Awww, yeah. I think it's fair to say that your pal Feb has the gift of awesome breakfast joints.

Best of all, the BB is truly in my neighborhood. I can walk there in minutes. And as much as I rock at cooking breakfast my own damn self, I can't touch the home fries at the Band Box. They're made the right way, which is time-consuming and annoying unless you're cooking on a commercial grill, in bulk.

It's a damn fine thing to be able to get off work at 7am, walk to a holy shrine of bacon n' cakes, and then walk home with a full belly to sleep the day away.

The latest snag in my little plan to lead the perfect life would be this little thing here:

Name: [ febrifuge ]
Program: GRE TESTING
Exam: GRE-GREAM-GRE GENERAL TEST
Appointment Date: 11-Aug-2006
Appointment Time: 12:00 (12:00 PM)

Cue the dramatic music. Dun dun daaaaaaah...

No comments: