Monday, July 17, 2006

You can't spell 'egregious' without G-R-E

Because the admissions deadline of the Best School Evah(tm) is so much earlier than the deadlines of most of my other potential schools, I've had to think a little about whether to turn on the juice and get ready for the test in time for BSE's deadline, or just let them go and concentrate on all the others as a group.

And then I started studying for the thing.

Hey, you know what? It's going to be okay. Sure, there's a boat-load of math for me to review and/or learn, but the GRE is more than anything a test of a person's ability to take standardized tests like the GRE. And I'm starting to think I could be very good indeed at that skill, just now in my little personal adventure.

So I'm doing it. I'll take the test in a little less than four weeks, is the plan. The worst that can happen is a really, terribly, awfully lousy score. In which case I can take the thing again, a month or six weeks later.

No comments: