Trash was kind enough to point out that grad school grades don't matter. And she's even more right than she knows, since for all intents and purposes, med school is a lot like culinary school. When I'm done, I study for (and take, and pass) a certification exam, and then I'm on a level field with everyone else. Nobody cares what my grades were -- nobody even cares about my GPA, which puts me in even better shape than Trash herself -- they just care how well I can cook.
And apropos of nothing except me being too tired even to waste time properly, here's the latest fun thing I found on the list of blogs I check: courtesy of Shamus from 20-sided (who got it from someone who likely got it from someone, and so on...)
Enter "[your name] needs" into Google, and see what it is you supposedly need. So simple, it's elegant. I see it out there (now that I look) as a list of 10 short bullets, but I'm going to stay in character and make it five things that natter on for longer.
For those of you who were wondering, here's what it is I* seem to be very much in need of:
1. I need aid in regaining my title, lands, and children, stolen from me by my treacherous brother.
2. I need to be seen less on MySpace and more in person, preferably in a bar.
3. I need to jump across the electrical field, and climb up the ladder.
4. As much as we don't want anyone in Iraq or Afghanistan, I need to do my duty.
5. I need to grow up.
* As always, I'm hiding my secret identity, if only because my real name will be linked to my school, my hospital, my practice, etc.