Monday, October 08, 2007

Why I Love Mashups

What happens when a pair of crazy geniuses remix the entirety of Sgt. Pepper's with bits of other Beatles songs, plus Stones, Gary Glitter, Bowie, the Selecter, and god knows what else?

Brilliance, that's what. ccc and Ill Chemist have done this, for some reason. It's called Cracked Pepper. And it's very very cool. I love living in the 21st century.

I'm linking "Hawaii 64," a mix of 'When I'm 64' with Brian Wilson's 'Blue Hawaii' and the Beach Boys' 'Cool, Cool Water,' so Jon hears some of this beautiful insanity.

The complete ingredients list is here, and if you want to listen to more, this would be the link for that.

My favorite track so far? Probably "Struttin' Rita," which combines only three ingredients and freshens them up to the point where things that were always there become new in a whole new way, if you dig.

In a parallel universe, I'm so totally a DJ.

EDIT: Yeah, the links no longer work. Maybe it's a Brigadoon thing, and they only work sometimes.

No comments: